Del Ryan - Reflections

My name is Del Ryan. I am currently a member of Paul Young's CSC 230 class. I will add posts for this class onto the list of posts from my GDS 108 class taken this past fall.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

"Cut and Paste" to perfection



To demonstrate "cut and paste" technology I thought this picture, which is actually put together from two separate photographs and retouched at the center, offers a very interesting way to look at distance as a curvature of the earth. Obviously with computer assistance and digital retouching the "camera doesn't lie" is a fallacy. Agency: Carl Ally Inc. Copy write: Hertz System, Inc., 1972. This add can be found in The Design of Advertising-1994 by Roy Paul Nelson.

1 Comments:

Blogger Del Ryan said...

I'm pretty sure, after reading the article, it was edited a great deal. --- del

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home